Friday, December 20, 2013

The Amazing Spider Island #9 Sneaking Websters

We weren't allowed to go home that night, so we patrolled the city for those “Dark Avengers” in vain. They never showed. No new Intel came from our superior She-Hulk, so we returned to base and well, slept there. I really don't like this at all. I mean, I have parents, im sure these other guys have parents, and we cant go home because they say so. But they are with the government so I can only imagine the bull they fed my parents to explain my disappearance. Well these two might want to be their pets, but I’m gonna investigate this place and depending on what I find, make my escape. The only question is, how do you hide from a government who has eyes on everything?

After we enter our room which looks more like military barracks with bunk beds, and the lights where turned off, I waited for these two spiders to fall asleep before I made my move. After I was confident they where out, I slipped out of my bed and crawled on the floor to distribute my weight and make my movements even more silent. I reach the door and... Wait a minute! Spider Sense Tingling! I can sense someone on the other side of the door, armed. Must be a guard, guess I'm not going that way. I try to look around the room in the dark but I cant see very much, but I can feel. I try to focus my senses to get a mental layout of the room (saw that in a cartoon once) and it works! I can feel a air duct leading to the... haha, air duct, how original. Anyways it leads to a... crap I cant sense that far. I leap and cling to the ceiling, then make my way to the duct. I slowly pry it open, but made some noise in the process, luckily the guard and spiders didn’t seem to notice.

Crawling through the ducts feels so humorous to me because I'm reminded of my fictional counterpart Spider-man who is forced to do the same on many occasions. Eww! Its all dusty in here! Ah... Ahh... AHHH!! I cover my mouth and sneeze. But I hear a voice from under me say, “What was that?”. Oh no, someone heard me. Luckily I muffled the sneeze and they weren’t able to guess im up here in the first place. I try to crawl faster and reach the end of the duct. Looking between the bars on the cover of the duct, I can see... a bathroom? Ugh, whatever, its better than the room I was locked in earlier. The duct leads directly into one of the stalls, so I open the cover, drop down and cover the duct again. Spider Sense!! Someone is entering the bathroom. They sound like, women? Oh no, not only am I in a bathroom, im in the ladys room!! There is no where to go so I jam the stall door with webbing and cling onto the stall door so that my feet would not show under the stall doors. The women continue talking about plans for the weekend and other boring stuff. One of them approaches my stall...

Lady1: “Ugh! This door is jammed. I should call the custodian.”

No, no please!

Lady2: “No dont! That poor guy never gets a rest around here. Im sure he'll notice it in the morning.”

I think im in love!

They enter the other stalls and once they close their doors, I crawl over my door and leave the bathroom. I end up in a winding hallway. There is a sign that says “Server Room” so im guessing i'll find something interesting In there. I make my way there and... Spider Sense!!!

“Hey Zap, whatcha doin?”

I turn around and see Ben and Spidey Ham behind me.

“Gah! What are you guys doing here?!”

Spidey ham: “You think your the only one who wants to explore? Me and Ben where waiting for you to go. You where sorta like our scout, and you did good! Also picking the air duct that leads to the girls room, Genius!”

Ben, “So did you want to check out the server room as well? I was thinking it would have some interesting information there. If you can get me there I might be able to get access to their data.”

Well, its nice to know they got my back. Now I have to cover Bens back, and with these low lying hallways crawling on the ceiling will get us seen in no time.

“Ok guys I have a plan.” I turn and say to the team.

“No no no, I've got a plan! Mine is pure genius!” exclaims Spidey Ham.

“I've been planning this for a week, so my plan is more developed than both of yours.” Ben adds “Smartly”.

“You guys!” I yell, “We dont have time for this, guards are patrolling these hallways as we are speaking! We need to work together and focus our...”

At this moment, we all exclaim in unison, “SPIDER SENSE!”

We have four guards blocking our paths in the hallway. They say to us, “Hey you kids are not allowed here! Come with us unless you want to be tazed!”

We turn back to back and I say, “Uh, what now guys?”

Spidey Ham thrusts his hands out and says, “Thwip Thwip baby!!”

We let out a flood of webbing and stick these goons on the walls. Ugh, our cover is blown. Even if we make it to the server room these guys will eventually get out and talk. I tell this to the guys and Ben tells me, “Well, its not like we can kill them, right?”

Spidey-Ham says, “Meh, I guess it depends on what we find in the server room.”

We all start laughing and make our way into the server room. When we enter, all we see is a desktop computer set up. Thats it. No chair, no servers, something is fishy...


?: “What are you guys doing here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment