Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Amazing Spider Island # 4: The Scarlet Spider

Just got home from the hospital. My mom puts away her jacket and purse in the closet and goes into the kitchen to start cooking. My dad goes downstairs into the basement to work with his machines. And I, I go to my room, lay down on my bed and fire up Star Wars Battlefront 2 on my Xbox slim. Sure battlefront is old, but it doesn’t mean its a bad game. So I play for about 15 minutes, then after I finish a mission, I adjust my position on the bed and feel something in my pocket. Its the Card! The card that the man I saved gave me! I never even looked at it once, so I reach into my pocket and pull it out. Let see here... ARMA Tech? Special tactics group.... blah blah blah.... Have been invited to join ARMA tech and... blah blah... Oh my Gear! He's an agent at ARMA tech?!?! That’s the most advanced military division in the world! They have the latest technology, from holograms to hover ships, and im invited to join them? OMG OMG OMG! What do I do? How do I proceed? Before I can answer this, I hear what appears to be some intense traffic in front of my house on the main road, with car horns blaring and tons of shouting. Eh, its not my proble... ARGH! My head ache is back!

I feel danger, and the feeling is coming from that traffic! Ungh, must go outside, and see for myself. I walk towards the front of my house and see my parents looking out the window. My mom shouts, “What the heck is that thing?!!” and my father replies, “I don’t know, but we better get away from the windows!” During all that I ran to our jacket closet by the front door and find my spider-man hoody. I slip out the front door with out them noticing, But i'm guessing my secret is about to lose its charm real soon. If they try to find me in my room, I wont be there. The only other choice they will have is to look outside and... What the Heck IS that thing?

Its Grey, really tall and buff, plus has a horn in front of its face. It, it almost looks like a human-rhino. It is a human-rhino!! Great, just when I think things couldn’t get any weirder. He seems to be pushing cars off the road, but doesn’t seem to be hurting anyone, just their cars. Maybe I can slow him down with my wrist-webbing. Man, I need to come up with better names for my abilities. Anyways, I make the hand gesture and webbing thwips out of my wrists and fly’s and the Rhinos feet. Ha! They stuck on. He noticed it too. Now I just gotta yank..! Rah! The Rhino comes down with a BOOM as he lands flat on his back. I start running toward him when, all of a sudden...

?, “Hey nice moves Spider-Lad! But why don’t you hang back and let a pro handle this?”

I turn to look at who was speaking to me, but as I turn a red and blue blur swings past me, nearly hitting me! He zips through the air and lands on The Rhino with great force, knocking the wind out of the creature. The Rhino becomes furious, huffing and puffing, then just as he jumps up and tries to grab the red and blue man who swung past me earlier, the man leaps off of the rhino, showing off by doing a back flip in the process.. The Rhino misses, and before The Rhino could even conceive his next attack, the red and blue man shoots what looks to be a web similar to mine on the rhinos horn and pulls it with so much strength that he forces the Rhino to fall face first on the pavement. The red and blue man becomes a blur, leaping through the air and shooting a bombardment of webbing at the Rhino, holding him down. Man this guy is too fast! Before I even know it hes in front of me asking a question.

Me, “What? I-i'm sorry, I didn’t hear you.”

he leans back and lets out a big laugh!
Scarlet, “ I said slow spiders say “what?” Haha! So, your the new recruit?

I'm still trying to process what just happened with the Rhino, but I finally catch up with him.
Me, “Recruit? What are you talking about? Hold on, an even better question is, WHO ARE YOU?!”

He gives me an alienating look, and even with his eye lenses I can still see he is truly as confused as I am.

Scarlet, “Um.... dude, i'm The Scarlet Spider. You know, from the spider-man comics? Might have even seen me swinging around town?”

I turn my attention to his costume, and now its starting to make sense. He has an almost exact costume as the character Scarlet Spider in Marvel's Spider-Man comic book series, with a red zentai full body suit, blue tattered hoody with a spider emblem on the front in black, two eye lenses that appear to be like the ones from the newest movie, The Amazing Spider-Man, and visible web-shooters mounted on his wrists.

Scarlet, “Hello? Earth to web-head! Listen I need to take you back to headquarters right now. The captain wants to speak with you.”

Who does this guy think he is? I don’t even know him and i'm supposed to follow him to his head quaters to speak to some captain? I don’t think so! He's typing away in what looks like some kind of communication device, no not a cell phone. I don’t care who he's texting, it's about time I put my foot down!

Me, “I'm not going anywhere until you explain yourself!”

The Scarlet Spider looks at me and laughs, “Don t worry bro, Ill tell you everything when we get there. Now, have you ever been teleported before?”

Pfft, what kind of stupid question is tha... Whats going on?! A blue electrical field is surrounding us and is spinning at high speed! I cant feel my toes, or my hands! My Body is going numb! AHHHHHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment