Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Amazing Spider Island #7: Kick-Ass (2)

It's dark now, middle of the night kind of dark, and we still can not find that Kick-Ass character. (sigh) I'm about done with this kid. We stroll around the neighborhood in search of him, but with no luck. I'm telling zstar how I feel, “Hey Z! Lets forget this kid and go home! He was talking about alien symbiotes and bird men. Kinda counts as crazy in my book.”

Zstar is lifting trash lids and looking carefully in them for our masked wonder boy. He then continues searching, telling me, “Look Spider lad, we need to find him. At least I do, I need that money! So lets stay on patrol for at least 10 more minutes, ok? And you know, I was thinking of a name change. How about “Spidey-Ham”? Pretty cool huh?”

Ben is on roof tops yelling, “KIIIIIIICK-AAAAAASS!!! Where are you buddy?! We just wanna talk!”

I've had it. We look like fools yelling “Kick-Ass” all around the city. But, just to make, um, Spidey-Ham happy, I'm gonna yell Kick-Ass one more time. I leap up to the same roof as Ben and yell with all my voice, scratching my throat with its power, “ KICK-ASS Where the HECK are YOU!!!”

BOOM!!!!

Just then, Kick-ass comes crashing on to the roof we are on. He cracked the ground where he landed, so I'm guessing he fell from a high spot. Ben and I rush towards him. I tell Ben to cover me while I carried him to a more secluded area so that we can figure out whats going on here. But, before I jump off the building, my spider sense kicks up on high gear, making me dodge a green blade on instinct! “WHOA! Ben watch out, incoming!”

Ben Dodges two of the same blades with a back flip, then lands in a crouched position, looking around to see where those blades came from. But the sky this night is very dark, little to no stars are shining and the moon isn't helping either. Then I feel it again, my spider sense. But this time I can sense the enemy projecting them at us. I can only get a vague mental picture of the foe with my spider sense, but I do notice two wings, and a blade heading straight for Zsta... I mean Spidey-Ham! I can see that he sensed it too, so now its time for some split second team work. In moments like this, time appears to slow down, giving me a complete awareness of my surroundings. So I work out a plan in my head.

I know where the enemy is, but I'm guessing the others couldn't sense him or are only focused on the projectiles, so I'm going to web that sucker right where I think his head is. I kinda wish obi-wan was here to tell me to use the force, and close the auto tracker. So I use my spider sense and THWIP!!THWAP! I hit him! Whoa! Hes pulling me away! I quickly shoot another web to the surface of the roof we are on to keep him from dragging me away, and feel like I'm gonna be torn in half if I don't get back up soon!

Me: “Ben! Climb my web and get on this guy!Spidey! Help me hold this guy down!”

Ben: “Got it!”

Spidey-Ham: “Yeah yeah, hes not getting away from me!”

Spidey-Ham then does the same with his webs as I did, shoot one at this flying enemy and one at the roof. Phew! With Hams added strength this really takes a load off of me. Ben then jumps on my web and makes his way to this flying guy with perfect balance. But hey! Kick-Ass just jumped on Hams web and is making is way to the bad guy as well! Both Ben and Kick-Ass reach this guy at the same time. I can hear Ben from the distance saying, “Give up now... Bird looking man, or I will be forced to, uh, clip your wings!”

Kick-Ass agrees with him, saying, “Time to lock you up in your cage, Vulture!!”

Vulture?! Out of all the villains the original spider man had to face, and we got stuck with the least important one! Ehh, I've read enough comics to know that you gotta ride the vulture for a bit, while wailing on his flight control panel on his back, or just knock his skull a few times. “Hey, you guys done over there!” I yell impatiently. My arms are tearing as the vulture is pulling my web! I see from the distance that Ben rips off the vultures wings with almost no effort what-so ever. Talk about spider strength! Kick-Ass then knocks on Vultures dome with his batons. Oh crap, Vulture is going down!

He's Falling right into a high speed road down below along with Ben and Kick-Ass! I can feel my heart racing, as Spidey Ham and I are also pulled down with him. We only have seconds before we hit the floor. I need to think... no I need to feel! In an instance, I can feel everything around me. The buildings, the people below, the sweat of the others. I am in complete sync with my surroundings. So I shoot another web to the building that we were falling from, because I had let go of the one I was using earlier, and it seems as if Spidey Ham can feel what I am thinking as well, and does the same. Now that Ham and I stopped the Vulture from falling, we begin to swing back toward the wall of the building we just webbed. Ben then slams Vulture into the wall with a loud WHAM! And Shoots some webs to secure him on the wall. Ben then grabs Kick-Ass and lands with him on a side walk nearby, where we regroup. Can't wait till the green lady hears what happened out here, because things just got more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment