Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Amazing Spider Island #6: Kick-Ass

“(sigh) We've been walking these alleys for hours. We even passed some dudes selling drugs back there! Shouldn't we, I don't know, stop them?”, I annoyingly say. Its true though! We have been scanning these streets since Echo told us to go, and the sun is going down. GASP! My parents are gonna KILL ME!!!

“We can't stop for petty thugs, Spider-Lad. We need to find this kid.”, Zstar answers as we continue through the alley.

HEAD ACHE!!!!

Everyone leaps together back to back as if we felt the same thing.

Ben: “Whoa! Did you guys sense that?!”

Sense?

Zstar: “I couldn't pinpoint it! Spider-Lad, where did your spider sense point you?”

I am confused. “ Spider sense? What the heck is tha...” OH! When I was in danger, what I felt wasn't a head ache, it was my spider sense! Now its so clear to me. I don't understand how I never figured that out before, being a spidey fan and all.

Zstar: “Oh dear. Your spider sense is when you feel...”

WHAM!

Ungh, what just happened? I was talking to zstar, then I woke up on the floor. There is a baton on the floor next to my head. And, now I see a guy in a green and yellow suit sprinting my way, jumping int the air and about to STOMP MY HEAD!! Zstar then leaps toward him and knocks him off course with a flying kick to the ribs! The green man is down, hes hurt. Now he better have a good explanation for this! I get up off the floor, pickup the baton that was on the floor next too me, and I walk over to the green man. The other spiders join me.

Ben: “Spider-Lad are you ok?!”

Me: “ Yeah i'm fine. If it wasn't for you two id probably be a red and blue stain. But right now we got work to do.”

Zstar takes the baton from my hand and waves it at the green man, saying, “Who are you? And why did you knock out Spider-Lad?! I'm the one who's supposed to get stiches from Echo, me, me, not him, ME!”

Ben and I laugh at zstars randomness. Then the green boy comes clean.

Kick-Ass: “Spider-lad?Who? Wha?”

As he composes himself, we notice he gives us an, OOOOH! Look. And surely enough....

Kick-Ass: “OOOH! Your not venom, you're the Amazing Spider men!”

Venom? Like THE venom? The alien symbiote that makes his hosts into rage junkies? I guess thats not too hard to believe, I mean, I'm part of a Super powered, super tight costumed spider man wanna be dream team that is commanded by a big green lady in a secret government base.

Me: “Come on man, get to the point. Who are you and what are you doing here?

The green kid stands up and gets into a heroic pose, “I am Kick-Ass!”

Zstar: “Great, he's Spider-Lad, he's the Scarlet Spider and I'm sleepy. So can we go home now?”

Kick-Ass looks surprised and says, “Wait, but aren't you guys here for The Vulture?”

Ben, “The Vulture?! He's real?! We gotta knock that bird outta the sky, guys!”

Zstar, “Look Ben, we are getting paid to bring Kick-Ass to our base and that's it. If there is a vulture i'm sure Echo will send us in after him.”

Me, “We are getting paid...? ( heavenly chorus sings )”

Ben then looks down and says, “Yeah, I guess you're right. Man! I really wanted to kick some... Where did Kick-Ass go?”  

No comments:

Post a Comment